Getting a redistricting measure passed by the Maryland Legislature in the 2019 session is the top advocacy priority of the Maryland League of Women Voters.
Your League leaders will engage Maryland's political leadership - Your job is to educate your local delegation!
To that end we have assembled tons of resources. Here are a few:
- What you can do if you only have 5 minutes to spare;
- The Maryland legislative process;
- How to lobby;
- Asking tough questions;
- Legislative lingo; and
- Sample letter to the editor.
We also have the following volunteer jobs:
- Enter petition signers into LWVMD database
- Review Primary and General Election LWVMD Voters’ Guides to document responses about redistricting reform
- Call people in LWVMD database who are constituents of key legislators to ask for participation in redistricting reform campaign
- Participate in meetings with elected officials
- Schedule meetings with elected officials
- Assist with creating campaign materials
- Assist with social media messaging
- Pass out flyers to General Assembly offices during session
- Proof read campaign materials
- Call people to encourage them to attend candidate forums being held in their area so they can ask candidates about redistricting reform.
- Assist in production of print campaign materials in LWVMD office
- Recruit other volunteers to help with redistricting campaign
- Assist with fundraising