Winter Workshop 2021 Discussion Topics
Initiative Study Consensus Briefing
Should Marylander voters be able to put legislation and/or Constitutional amendments on the ballot through a petition process?
An in depth look at this, the topic of our second consensus study this year. A briefing for local League presentations.
Five Legislative Reforms for Police Accountability
LWVMD has joined the Maryland Coalition for Justice and Police Accountability along with 100 organizations calling for five changes to Maryland Law that would dramatically impact fairness in policing:
1. Allow investigations into all police misconduct to be disclosed under the Maryland Public Information Act (MPIA).
2. Create statutory limits on the use of force by law enforcement.
3. Repeal the Law Enforcement Officers’ Bill of Rights (LEOBR).
4. Give the people of Baltimore City the ability to govern the Baltimore City Police Department.
5. Take law enforcement out of schools.
We will present short videos to explain each of these reforms and a panel discussion with questions will follow.
Senator Jill Carter, Baltimore City Delegate Erik Barron, Prince George’s County Yanet Amanuel, Public Policy Advocate, ACLU of Maryland
Purchase Tickets Below