The League of Women Voters depends on a cadre of volunteers to carry out its work at all levels of the organization.
Volunteer activities range from office help and phone banking to voter registration and legislative advocacy and education.
Our needs are ever-changing, much like the times, so check this page often for new volunteer opportunities.
- LWVMD Off-Board Arrangements Chair - Assists the board and LWVMD office with event planning throughout the year - Click the title for more details
Ongoing Volunteer Efforts:
- A primary mission of the League of Women Voters is to ensure that every eligible citizen is registered to vote. Click the the title to learn more about how you can help with this important step toward full citizen participation in elections.
Young Professional Programs (ages 18-35):
Closed for 2017-2018 Session - LWVMD's 2017-18 Policy Education & Advocacy Young Professional Volunteer Program (Deadline for applications 10/19/17)
- The first program of its kind, this opportunity will give young professionals looking for experience in politics to learn about legislative process, reporting, and advocacy campaigns. Click the title to learn more!
LWVUS Volunteer Opportunities:
LWV Lobby Corps
- The LWVUS Volunteer Lobby Corps is a dedicated group of members who are within commuting distance to the U.S. Capitol in Washington DC. They help the LWVUS Advocacy team by lobbying targeted members of the U.S. Congress on issues that have both: (a) been agreed for the LWV at the national level, and (b) are currently up for consideration within Congress. Members receive a briefing about once per month on the agreed topic, and then make their own appointments with the relevant staff of assigned Congressional representatives (usually those identified as potential swing votes). For the most part, the volunteers commit about three work-days of time per month for about 8 - 9 months per year. On the job training is provided to new members. Click the title to learn more and download and application form.
- Don't forget that sometimes you can have the greatest impact volunteering close to home. Reach out to your Local League to find out what opportunities they might have available. Click here to find your Local LWV.