Registered to Vote?
It's Easy! Click here!
Who Can Vote in Maryland?
To register to vote, you must be:
- A U.S. citizen
- A Maryland resident
- Not have been convicted of buying or selling votes
- Not have been found by a court to be incapable of voting by reason of mental disability
- Be at least 16 years old (you can register at 16 but you're not able to vote unless you'll be 18 by the next General Election)
- Not have been convicted of a felony, or if you have, you have completed serving a court ordered sentence of imprisonment
How Can You Register to Vote in Maryland?
- Use the Maryland's Online Voter Registration System and follow the instructions
- By Mail
Is available during early voting and on election day. Make sure to have acceptable documentation to prove where you live. This includes.
- Maryland driver's license or ID card
- Change of address card
- Bank statement
- Utility bill
- Any other government document with your name and address
- Is available during early voting and on election day. Make sure to have acceptable documentation to prove where you live. This includes.
For more information visit the State Board of Elections