If you are a student living in one of the Maryland counties that does not have an active local League or Affiliate (Allegany, Charles, Cecil, Garrett, Somerset, Worcester, or Wicomico Counties) and you are interested in joining LWV, you can
- Join a neighboring county's local League or any of the local Leagues or Affiliates in Maryland
- Join as a Member-At-Large (MAL) of the LWV of Maryland
- Join as a MAL, find seven other interested people in your county, and start a new local Affiliate!
As a LWVMD MAL, you can play a unique role in carrying out the League's work in the county where you reside and in promoting awareness of the League's steadfast nonpartisan approach.
- Subscribe to follow League advocacy efforts and interests.
- Participate in workshops, studies and projects organized by LWVMD, and receive discounted admission to League events.
- Join in informed dialogue with fellow Maryland League members about the many issues and concerns that affect us all.
- Be a League Reporter for your county. By doing so, you can be the eyes and ears of your community and county on important issues.
As a member, you are always welcome at any League gathering, so visit another county and meet other Leaguers or come to a LWVMD event to participate firsthand. Check the LWVMD calendar to see what's going on.
Annual dues for a Student membership in the LWV of Maryland are FREE. By applying for student membership, you affirm that you are a student between 16 and 30 years of age, actively enrolled in an accredited institution, and that you subscribe to the policy and purposes of the League of Women Voters.
As an organization, the League of Women Voters adheres to a strict nonpartisan policy. It does not support or oppose any political party or candidate. The purposes of the League of Women Voters are to promote political responsibility through informed and active participation in government and to act on selected governmental issues.
Our Mission: Empowering Voters. Defending Democracy. PLEASE JOIN US!