Information regarding the League of Women Voters of Maryland (LWVMD) can be found on our website at www.LWVMD.org/about. LWVMD uses the NationBuilder™ platform to organize our community of members, supporters and prospects. You can read more about that company and its features and policies at NationBuilder.com.
LWV of Anne Arundel County
lwvaacmd.org or aac-lwvmaryland.nationbuilder.com
LWV of Baltimore City
lwv-baltimorecity.org or baltcity-lwvmaryland.nationbuilder.com
LWV of Baltimore County
lwvbaltimorecounty.org or baltimoreco-lwvmaryland.nationbuilder.com
LWV of Calvert County
lwvcalvert.org or calvert-lwvmaryland.nationbuilder.com
LWV of Harford County
LWV of Howard County
lwvhowardmd.org or hoco-lwvmaryland.nationbuilder.com
LWV of Kent County
LWV of Queen Anne's County
lwvqac.org or qac2-lwvmaryland.nationbuilder.com
LWV of Washington County
lwvwashco.org or washington-lwvmaryland.nationbuilder.com
LWV of the Mid-Shore
lwvmidshore.org or lwvmaryland2.nationbuilder.com
LWV of Prince George's County
lwvpgcmd.org or lwvmaryland3.nationbuilder.com
LWV of St. Mary's County
WHAT LWVMD COLLECTS
User-provided personal information (non-financial)
With a user’s consent, LWVMD may collect all or some of the following types of personal information:
- first and last name
- physical street address including city, state, zip/postal code
- phone number(s)
- email address
- professional and educational history
- demographic information including your birth date, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, position, title, salary, affiliation
- username and password
- subject of inquiry
The option to provide or decline to provide race and demographic information is voluntary.
LWVMD collects information that users provide when using online services including, but not limited to:
- LWVMD website registration
- LWVMD membership application
- Event registration including online and in-person conferences, webinars, and community events
- Subscriptions to LWVMD products and programs.
- Subscriptions to and the download of digital communications including newsletters, public policy Action Alerts and petitions, public policy text messages, and research reports
- Content contribution to LWVMD when users volunteer, participate in a survey, provide feedback, sign a petition, report a problem, request support or otherwise intentionally interact with the website.
- General questions, comments, and requests via “Contact LWVMD”. We also collect emails and email addresses of those who communicate with us directly.
- Search queries on the website.
User-provided financial information
When you submit payment through our website to join LWVMD as a member, donate, register for an event, make a purchase or pay your dues, credit card information is collected through a third-party payment processor certified by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council (PCI SSC). LWVMD does not receive or store credit card information on our server.
Indirect data collection technologies
Our servers automatically record certain log files when you access the website. Server logs may include information such as which pages of the website you visited, your internet protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, and other information on how you interact with the website. These log files are generally deleted after one week.
A cookie is a small data file placed on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device and managed by your browser. The cookie may contain the name of the server that has placed it there, a unique identifier, and an expiration date, among other data. Cookies may involve the transmission of information from LWVMD to you and from you to LWVMD. Cookies help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through our website. Some cookies are “persistent cookies” used each time you access LWVMD’s website. Other cookies are “session cookies” used only during a specific browsing session. We also use “analytics cookies” that allow web analytics services to recognize your browser or device and, for example, identify whether you have visited our website before, what you have previously viewed or clicked on, and how you found us. This information is provided anonymously for statistical analysis only. Analytics cookies are usually persistent cookies.
You may disable browser cookies in your browser or set your browser to warn you when a cookie is being sent. You may lose some features or functionality when you disable cookies. Remember, also, that disabling cookies is browser specific. For example, if you use both Microsoft Edge and Chrome, you will need to disable cookies in each browser.
A pixel tag is an invisible line of code placed on LWVMD’s websites or in emails which allows us to analyze promotional strategies and the general usage patterns of visitors to our websites. Pixel tags allow LWVMD to better match our goods, services, and other offers with your interests and needs.
Small electronic files known as web beacons and tiny images known as clear GIFS may also be used to track visits to web pages, email clicks and other related statistics.
Social media plugins
Social media application program interfaces or plug-ins (“Plug-ins”) from social networks, including Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Xing, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest and/or possibly other companies, may be integrated into the LWVMD website.
To keep LWVMD from sharing information across platforms, log out of your SMS before engaging with the LWVMD website.
What LWVMD does with the information we collect
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- For analyzing how the website is used, diagnosing service or technical problems, maintaining security, and personalizing content.
- To communicate with you about your account, including renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our website, our policies, terms or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
If you provide a mobile phone number, email or mailing address, we may send LWVMD-related communications to it via digital push notification, text message, email or regular mail, including any notices required by law, in accordance with any applicable privacy settings and the user preferences in your account profile.
LWVMD uses indirectly collected data to:
- remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site;
- provide custom, personalized content and information;
- monitor the effectiveness of our services;
- monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns;
- diagnose or fix technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with certain IP addresses;
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in;
- track user content and users to the extent necessary to comply as a service provider with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, and
- enhance our website security.
LWVMD may share your personal information with third parties including those in the following categories:
- LWV affiliates, including but not limited to LWVUS and LWVNCA
- conference registration and event service providers
- payment processors
- bulk digital communications and postal mail managers
- customer relationship management platforms.
We may also share de-identified information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third parties to help them understand the usage patterns for certain services.
Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to LWVMD websites, such as user content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by applicable privacy or website customization settings. If you remove information that you posted to LWVMD websites, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or if other users have copied or saved that information.
We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor any user content you post on our website. We reserve the right to remove any such information or material for any reason or no reason, including without limitation if in our sole opinion such information or material violates, or may violate, any applicable law or to protect or defend our rights or property or those of any third party. We also reserve the right to remove information upon the request of any third party.
Choices you have about your information
If you are a registered user of an LWVMD website or an LWVMD member, you may review, correct and change your personal information by logging into the website and visiting your account profile page.
To request assistance revising your personal information in the LWVMD database, managing your user preferences or deactivating your account, please contact us by emailing [email protected] or calling 410-269-0232. Please note, we will not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Following deactivation of your account with us, LWVMD may retain your profile information and user content for archival purposes. All information contained in your communications to other users or posted to public or semi-public areas of our website may also be retained and used.
How does LWVMD protect your information?
The safety and security of your personal information is important to LWVMD. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All personal information you provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls. LWVMD limits access to your personal information and requires anyone processing your information to sign a confidentiality agreement. Our website uses SHA-256 encryption and Verisign G5.
Individuals under the age of !6
LWVMD does not knowingly collect personal information from website users under the age of 16. With prior parental consent, individuals under the age of 16 may join LWVMD as associate members. In those instances, the parent will designate the personal information that LWVMD stores for the youth member. Please contact us at [email protected] if you have questions or concerns.
For website visitors in California
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our website visitors who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact:
League of Women Voters of Maryland
121 Cathedral Street, Suite 2B
Annapolis, MD 21401
Please make sure to state in the request that you are a California resident.
Important information for non-U.S. residents
If you are a resident of a country other than the United States, you acknowledge and consent to our collecting, transmitting, and storing your personal information out of the country in which you reside.
LWVMD requests that persons to whom the GDPR applies do not volunteer any personal data considered sensitive by the GDPR, including racial or ethnic origin or sexual preference, even if a field exists for such information to be voluntarily provided. LWVMD may inquire about some sensitive information in relation to particular services it provides, but the disclosure of such information is always voluntary for the individual concerned.
How we make changes to this policy
Last Updated: August 2023