If you live in one of the Maryland counties that does not have an active local League (Allegany, Carroll, Charles, Cecil, Garrett, Somerset, Worcester, or Wicomico Counties) and you are interested in joining LWV, you can
- Join a neighboring county's local League or any of the local Leagues in Maryland
- Join as a Member-At-Large (MAL) of the LWV of Maryland
- Join as a MAL, find seven other interested people in your county, and start a new local League!
As a LWVMD MAL, you can play a unique role in carrying out the League's work in the county where you reside and in promoting awareness of the League's steadfast nonpartisan approach to Making Democracy Work.
- Subscribe to newsletters, and receive Action Alerts regarding pending legislation.
- Participate in workshops, studies and projects organized by LWVMD, and receive discounted admission to League events.
- Join in informed dialogue with fellow Maryland League members about the many issues and concerns that affect us all.
- Be a League Reporter for your county. By doing so, you can be the eyes and ears of your community and county on important issues.
- Find others who are interested and start a new League of Women Voters! It takes eight members to form an LWVMD Affiliate in your county. An experienced LWV member will help you get started and be your mentor. Contact the state office for more information.
As a member, you are always welcome at any League gathering, so visit another county and meet other Leaguers or come to a LWVMD event to participate firsthand! Check the LWVMD calendar to see what's going on.
Annual dues for an At-Large Membership in the LWV of Maryland are $50.00. A family member can join with you for another $25.00. Share the experience of League membership and double your voice by clicking the circle next to $75.00 for a household at-large membership.
By applying for membership and authorizing payment of the annual dues, you affirm that you are at least 16 years of age and that you subscribe to the policy and purposes of the League of Women Voters.
As an organization, the League of Women Voters adheres to a strict nonpartisan policy. It does not support or oppose any political party or candidate. The purposes of the League of Women Voters are to promote political responsibility through informed and active participation in government and to act on selected governmental issues.
Our Mission: Empowering Voters. Defending Democracy. PLEASE JOIN US!