The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee is thrilled to host its first ever workshop (virtual)!
In this workshop we hope participants will come away with understanding the progress the League has made in living its value of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Hear and ask questions about how our DEI priority shows up in our legislative advocacy efforts.
- Discuss DEI topics of interest with other members of the League in a safe and opening learning environment. Topics include critical race theory, allyship, implicit bias, and race and media.
9:00 - Welcome from our DEI Committee Chair
9:15 - DEI Legislative Advocacy Update
10:00 - Icebreaker Activity
10:10 - Reminder of Community Rules
10:15 - Breakout Room Discussions
- Critical Race Theory in Education
- Race and Media-How our ingrained beliefs are contradicted by our lived experiences
- Bad Ally: Cancel Culture and Constantly Learning
- Implicit Bias: what is it and what should I do about it?
10:55 - Final Thank Yous and Closing
11:00 - Adjourn
If you believe that purchasing a ticket will be a financial hardship we can assist you through our Lois Stoner Fund. Contact [email protected] for more details.