Carroll County Affiliate
- Are you a student between 16 and 30 years of age, enrolled in an accredited institution? If so, you are eligible to join the League of Women Voters of Maryland dues-free. Click here to apply for a student membership today!
Carroll County has taken the first step toward forming a local League by establishing an Affiliate. An Affiliate engages in the same activities and has the same mission as a local League but is relieved of administrative tasks which are performed by the state League. To join the Carroll County Affiliate and help others in your county Make Democracy Work, you first need to become a member-at-large (MAL) of the League of Women Voters of Maryland (LWVMD).
As a LWVMD MAL, you can play a unique role in carrying out the League's work in the county where you reside and in promoting awareness of the League's steadfast nonpartisan approach.
- Subscribe to newsletters, and receive Action Alerts regarding pending legislation.
- Participate in workshops, studies and projects organized by LWVMD, and receive discounted admission to League events.
- Join in informed dialogue with fellow Maryland League members about the many issues and concerns that affect us all.
- Be a League Reporter for your county. By doing so, you can be the eyes and ears of your community and county on important issues.
As a member, you are always welcome at any League gathering, so visit another county and meet other Leaguers or come to a LWVMD event to participate firsthand! Check the LWVMD calendar to see what's going on.
By applying for membership and authorizing payment of the annual dues, you affirm that you are at least 16 years of age and that you subscribe to the policy and purposes of the League of Women Voters.
As an organization, the League of Women Voters adheres to a strict nonpartisan policy. It does not support or oppose any political party or candidate. The purposes of the League of Women Voters are to promote political responsibility through informed and active participation in government and to act on selected governmental issues.
Annual dues for an At-Large Membership in the LWV of Maryland are $50.00. A family member can join with you for another $25.00. Share the experience of League membership and double your voice by clicking the circle next to $75.00 for a household at-large membership.
Empowering Voters. Defending Democracy. PLEASE JOIN US!