LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS®
It is the policy of the League of Women Voters of Maryland that candidate debates and forums should be inclusive of all candidates who have qualified to be on the ballot, including all candidates of state recognized political parties, independent candidates, and write-in candidates. However, if the debate or candidates’ forum is co-sponsored by a broadcasting station and the station is not able to provide coverage if all candidates are included, candidates must meet the following criteria:
Making Democracy Work
The League of Women Voters is dedicated to providing well-researched and unbiased information so that all voters may become better informed. Browse this website or use the Search Box to learn more about issues, events, and your elected representatives. You can also:
- Sign up for our Free Email Action Alerts and Newsletters
- Register on this site. All LWV members in Maryland should register.
During Elections, the League of Women Voters assists people to become more informed participants in their community and their government by
- producing Voters Guides;
- assisting at voter registration drives and providing information about voting;
- and hosting forums for candidates.
The LWV also
- researches issues such as transportation, housing, environmental concerns, campaign reform, etc. then produces Fact Sheets;
- conducts community forums on local, state, and national issues;
- distributes informational brochures and pamphlets;
- and provides information about government on the national, state, and local levels.
See the Elibrary for fact sheets, reports, and publications.