Mission: The League of Women Voters, a nonpartisan political organization, encourages informed and active participation in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy.
Making Democracy Work
The League of Women Voters is dedicated to providing well-researched and unbiased information so that all voters may become better informed. Browse this website or use the Search Box to learn more about issues, events, and your elected representatives. You can also:
- Sign up for our Free Email Action Alerts and Newsletters
- Register on this site. All LWV members in Maryland should register.
During Elections, the League of Women Voters assists people to become more informed participants in their community and their government by
- producing Voters Guides;
- assisting at voter registration drives and providing information about voting;
- and hosting forums for candidates.
The LWV also
- researches issues such as transportation, housing, environmental concerns, campaign reform, etc. then produces Fact Sheets;
- conducts community forums on local, state, and national issues;
- distributes informational brochures and pamphlets
- and provides information about government on the national, state, and local levels.
BALTIMORE CITY LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS
©2009 League of Women Voters of Baltimore City, Maryland, All rights reserved.
6600 York Road, Suite 211 | Baltimore, MD 21212
email@example.com | lwv-baltimorecity.org